As school begins, we must monitor our kids each day. Brad Harrub identified reasons we are losing our children along with solutions to ensure our kids will remain steadfast in their walk with Christ.
Reasons We Are Losing Our Kids:
1. Lack of Knowledge (Hosea 4:6, I Peter 3:15).
2. Lack of Combat Preparation (Eph. 6:13-17).
3. Lack of Protection of our Children’s Hearts, Minds (Matt. 22:37-38).
4. Lack of Proper Training in the Lord (Deut. 6:5- 9).
5. Lack of Proper Teaching (Isaiah 59:2).
6. Lack of Proper Priorities (Matt. 6:24).
7. Lack of Interest (Romans 16:1-2).
How do we respond as parents?
1. Fill our kids with Bible knowledge!
2. Prepare our children for combat/challenges!
3. Protect their hearts & minds!
4. Train our kids up in the nurture & admonition of the Lord.
5. Teach our children the proper portrait of God!
6. Model proper priorities of life!
7. Be consistent with words & actions!
We must understand the challenges our children are facing. Our children need us to respond so they can remain resilient!