January of every year is a month for new beginnings. Many people begin the new year with resolutions. Resolution – the act of determining a formal plan of action, firm determination/decision. The problem with most resolutions is that we often fall short of these decisions we have made in our lives. But I do believe the concept is worth exploring.
There are many “targets” we as Christians should be aiming for. As 2017 gets into full swing, these are some of the targets I will be aiming to hit.
• A faithful Christian is one who studies the Word of God.
• 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
• A faithful Christian is one who prays regularly and with passion.
• Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
• A faithful Christian is a Godly influence to those around them.
• Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
• A faithful Christian loves and cares for the lost.
• Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
• A faithful Christian will remain steadfast and endure through all
• 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.